What You Need to Know About All Outside Knowledge Can Provide You
Is this you?
- You need to find out more about Big Company X or Industry W or Big Hairy Question Z.
- You need the last five years of financial reports for Big Company X
- Industry W is a potential new market for you, you need to understand the current trends in the industry
- Your marketing team needs an answer to their BHQ – what is the role of central banks in compliance regulations in Asia
- You’ve spent hours on Google, late into the night…down the rabbit hole…trying to absorb all of the information that’s returned from your search. All 167,000 results. You know you’ll never get past page 4 of the search results, you may never know the most relevant resource for you was on page 15. There’s gotta be a better way, right?
- Have you ever come across the PERFECT article/report/blog/spreadsheet/presentation with the information you need? Then realize it is from 1998. Or it was written by a high school junior in Omaha?
- You can’t decide if some of the info you’ve found is correct, or everything you find is from 2002, or maybe it’s been written by that Nigerian prince who keeps trying to send you money.
- You resign yourself to using data in your proposal/presentation/report that you really are not sure is valid. But the thing is due tomorrow and you gotta go with what you’ve got.
Is all of this giving you a headache? Research like this can cause ulcers…
Did this sound like one of your days? Is one of those situations YOUR personal headache? It doesn’t have to be!
You need some Outside Knowledge!
I specialize in finding authoritative (that means true!) information, which can include statistics, quotes, charts, data points and insights. If you are going to be making business decisions using information you find on the Interwebz, you want to be absolutely certain that the data is:
- Current – finding the perfect report is nice. Discovering it’s from 2002, is not so nice. You need today’s info… today!
- Authoritative – (this means that it is sourced from reputable organizations and/or can be verified by at least three different sources.) If you are not using authoritative information, it can lead to making mistakes, making bad decisions, legal issues and uncomfortable meetings.
- Specific to your needs – If your industry is commercial banking, you won’t get information about consumer banking. If you are looking for consumer trends in breakfast cereals, you won’t get data on food service supply chains. Every Outside Knowledge project is customized to your specific niche.
- Understandable – I have the special skill of translating from research-ese into English you can read in a summary or report and know what to do with that afternoon. Let us help you see how great information can change a meeting, fix a pitch, or let you really see inside a competitor’s’ head!
Outside Knowledge offers flexible options when working with our clients. Some of our offerings include:
- “Taxi Packs”
- We provide 3-4 page broad overviews on industries, geographies and organizations. Need to quickly get smart on the banking industry in Oman? Have a Board presentation and need some top trends affecting your industry? Wondering who the competition is in your field?
Let us help you build your market intelligence!
- Market Opportunity Pack
- Let us dig in and get the demographic information you’ve been Googling for.
- Expanding into Canada? Want to know who might be a target market? or how many neurologists there are in Ontario? Seeking the global market share and size of a medical device?
- Our deep dives will provide authoritative data points, rich insights and custom “libraries” of information.