I’ve been working on two different projects, both citation/bibliography reviews. I’ve got to say…thank goodness my Master’s degree did not require a thesis! Uff da, but APA style is a bear! Here’s some tips that I came up with that may help others:
- Start early and save often.
- Organize your citations from the start of your project.
- Complete as much information as you can when using a software tool (RefWorks etc..)
- Ask for help early in the game. Librarians are very helpful.
- Review your bibliography frequently. If you aren’t going to use a reference, put it in a different folder.
- Always make sure you are using the correct style guide when you are downloading a citation.
- Double check every single space, period, parentheses, semi colon and em dash … oh yeah and ellipses too! 🙂